Conversion are the largest dedicated conversion rate optimisation (CRO) and experimentation agency in the UK. We help our clients better understand their customers - and translate this insight into action. As a business our focus is on helping clients create an unfair competitive advantage through experimentation.
We believe that testing is not about changing button colours, but about creating a testing framework that allows our clients to take risks. This approach allows us to test not only our clients’ websites and apps, but also their pricing, product, and strategy. And the nature of testing means that we can definitively demonstrate and deliver ROI for our clients.
Our team is made up of a number of specialists and generalists with skills spanning: copywriting, behavioural psychology, user research, analytics, UX design, front-end development, and project management.
We’ve delivered results for clients ranging from one-person lead generation sites to the likes of Citrix, The Guardian, and Facebook.
We have grown significantly over the last few years and are investing in the next stage of our growth to help us achieve our goal to help our clients start testing everywhere.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be the first hire within the newly formed Account Management department and your primary role will be helping our partners understand WHY we do what we do and how it benefits their business. Our people and partners sit at the heart of our business and it will be your responsibility to cultivate strong working relationships both internally + externally ensuring that our partners have the best possible experience in working with UK’s leading experimentation agency.
Your expertise in building long lasting relationships will be pivotal in helping the business move onto its next phase of growth. There will be challenges, but that is what you thrive off and your attitude will determine how we navigate this exciting time of growth.
Your proactive nature will help us build a deeper understanding of our “partners’ businesses”, addressing challenges through experimentation and devising solutions to their wants and needs.
Your proactive nature will be a huge asset to our business + partners and will help us create longer more lasting success for our clients, and a stronger, more dynamic and more resilient business at Conversion.com.
The key role of the Account Director is to build successful business and relationships for your clients, ultimately leading to improved client retention, growth and referrals.
● Hit the client group’s annual revenue targets at agreed margin.
● Lead client relationship to drive retention and upsell, developing accounts further or winning new business.
● Negotiate the overall commercial arrangement for repeat business, with support as required.
● Be responsible for the account plan/strategy which is geared towards the Clients + Conversion.com growth
● Manage the creation of case studies and award entries for your client group.
● Take ultimate responsibility for the satisfaction of accounts within the client group: this includes leading account and client contact strategy, as well as leading intervention programmes to address any declining customer satisfaction levels on individual accounts - supporting the appropriate project manager and consultant as needed
● Work with client teams and heads of department within the business (consulting /PM/ Design and Dev), to ensure that scores across all our Client Satisfaction Survey criteria are continually high.
● Lead pitches for retained/ existing clients. This means, leading the pitch strategy and being a leading voice in the pitch itself.
● Support other new business pitches on key clients that would form part of your client group.
● Cross-selling / up-selling within the account (with the support of our conversion consultants and new business team).
● Identify service/product innovations, based on the close relationships you will have with your portfolio.
● Create and maintain account plans for each client within your portfolio, ensuring that the client goals are aligned with company strategy
● Use client plans as a live tool to build the account and keep the client teams informed about account strategy.
● In conjunction with the PM, onboard new clients or new client teams into our business. Ensuring they know how we work, what our processes are and how to get the most out of us, whilst underlining what we expect of them.
● You will be using Salesforce to report back to the business on retention/growth opportunities and defining account vision, so it is clear for everyone to see.
● Client focused: Brilliant at building a strong team ethic around clients. Brings positivity and leads by example and inspires others to provide quality experiences for every client. Demonstrated expertise in creating win-win experiences for our clients and the business.
● Commercially astute: Competent in all commercial conversations. Remains on top of forecasts and in tune with project managers (and operations team) on changes to budgets and scope.
● Strategic: Able to talk with our clients' senior stakeholders to understand their corporate strategy and digital vision, and how our work best aligns to this.
● Collaborative: Approachable and easy to work with. Takes feedback on board without being defensive and provides valuable feedback to team members.
● Compelling communicator: Proactive in communications and strong presenter, who has an authentic style and delivers confident messages in client and internal presentations.
● Connection with our values: mutual respect, collaboration, give a shit, say it how it is, enjoyment, incremental leaps, we do what we say we will.
Account Directors are vital to the success of Conversion.com. They are the voice of the client within the agency and Conversion’s ambassadors in chief to our clients. Without them, our client relations would be tactical, not strategic; our world-view would be insular, not rounded; our business view would be short, not long-term.
Conversion.com is filled with great people with bundles of talent and ideas. Come and join our fantastic team and you'll be part of an exciting growing agency at the top of its industry. Some of our benefits include:
● 25 days’ holiday each year
● Continuous personal development plans for all
● Company contributory pension scheme
● Private healthcare (AXA PPP) and Vitality Health membership
● Dental and wellbeing cover
● £750 annual flexible benefits package (which can be used for buying/selling holiday, gym membership/childcare vouchers and more)
● Annual travel card loan
● Weekly shopping order - breakfast, healthy snacks etc, available to all throughout the day
● Special gifts on Conversaries (the anniversary of the date you joined Conversion)
● Fully stocked complimentary drinks fridge
● Charlie the Spaniel (dog friendly office!)