Digital Project Manager - Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Conversion are the largest dedicated conversion rate optimisation (CRO) and testing agency in the UK. We help our clients better understand their customers - and translate this insight into action. As a business, our focus is on helping clients create an unfair competitive advantage through testing.
We believe that testing is not about changing button colours, but about creating a testing framework that allows our clients to take risks. This approach allows us to test not only our clients’ websites and apps, but also their pricing, product, and strategy. And the nature of testing means that we can definitively demonstrate and deliver ROI for our clients.
Our team is made up of a number of specialists and generalists with skills spanning: copywriting, behavioural psychology, user research, analytics, UX design, front-end development, and project management.
We’ve delivered results for clients ranging from one-person lead generation sites to the likes of Canon, Dominos and UNICEF.
We have grown significantly over the last few years and are investing in the next stage of our growth to help us achieve our goal to help our clients start testing everywhere.
WHAT SOME OF OUR PROJECT MANAGERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT LIFE AT CONVERSION
Working at Conversion is way more than a 9-5 job, what we do is innovative and incredibly interesting. I feel so lucky to work with such intelligent people - I feel as if my job is helping companies to understand the power of the test and learn approach. - Alice, Project Manager
The fact that people want to be around each other, even past 5pm on a Friday speaks for itself. Company and team socials massively help in creating a team culture and even the little things such as birthdays are never forgotten. - Trevor, Senior Project Manager
This role is a 9 month Fixed Term for maternity cover. We would require the successful candidate to be available for a start date of the 9th September.
You will be managing some of Conversions’ most prestigious Enterprise Clients during this maternity cover. You will be required to use your technical knowledge to act as a red thread between consultants, developers and clients to ensure the smooth delivery of experiments.
- Take technical situations/conversations and simplify them to facilitate conversations with clients (e.g. knowing when to ask the right questions)
- Support onboarding clients with complex technical requirements (e.g. being aware of the nuances of experimenting on dynamic websites)
- Use your client management experience to have a strong relationship with your stakeholders - own the conversation regarding the delivery of tests and demonstrate clear leadership during calls/meetings
- Deliver/allocate the expected level of hours/testing for clients based on contracts
- Where relevant, work closely with the account team to manage upsell/cross-sell opportunities as well as escalations where necessary
- Minimise friction between consultants, developers & PMs for your clients’ experiments
- Support consultants in ensuring the QA of tracking & goals is accurate to ensure experiment results are measured accurately
- Familiarity of GA to support in setting up reports if needed
- Act as a team leader and motivator - you own pod stand ups, retros and celebrate successes/failures as a team
- Responsible for resource planning - the go-to person in understanding the delivery priorities for your clients
- Responsible for managing reconciliation for your clients, pro-actively flagging and providing clear justification when projects are going over or under the percentage targets
- Ensure accurate time tracking for yourself and the pod
- Act as the go-to technical expert within the project management team
- Update all project management tools to allow for timely client/company visibility of project progress
- Communicate experiment learnings and process improvements with the wider PM team & Head of Delivery
- Ensure company processes are followed to achieve the above responsibilities, and
- Works as a QA champion within the business and helps establish best practices for the rest of the team (e.g. defining a robust QA briefing template for PM team) bridging any gaps with dev & cons
- Analytical mindset & eye for detail - spot mistakes that others haven’t
- Outstanding communications skills both internally and externally
- You’ll be someone who’s able to negotiate, coach, present and troubleshoot all the way through a project
- You have a balanced approach of what’s right for the client vs what’s commercially right for the business
- You should be agile and able to think on your feet - multi-tasking will come naturally, and you’ll have your finger on the pulse continually across all projects
- Must have a positive and client facing attitude
- A proactive approach to clients, workload and a positive attitude to challenges and change
- Credibility and gravitas within the team, the business and with clients
- Fast learner, understands client's business quickly and well
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve success on your projects
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years experience in delivering digital projects from concept through to delivery (as well as experience with Quality assurance)
- A strong understanding of CRO, UX & QA enabling you to assess technical risks and assist with problem-solving
- You’ll have an awareness of front end development as well as an understanding of data and most importantly CRO
- You understand common agile methodologies, including SCRUM and kanban; certification beneficial
- Ability to use foundational SQL and excel knowledge to help build and maintain key business reports (desired but not mandatory)
Conversion.com is filled with great people with bundles of talent and ideas. Come and join our fantastic team and you'll be part of an exciting growing agency at the top of its industry. Some of our benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday each year
- Continuous personal development plans for all
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare (AXA PPP) and Vitality Health Membership
- Dental and wellbeing cover
- £750 annual flexible benefits package (which can be used for buying/selling holiday, gym membership/childcare vouchers and more)
- Annual travel card loan
- Weekly Ocado order - breakfast, healthy snacks etc, available to all throughout the day
- Special gifts on Conversaries (the anniversary of the date you joined Conversion)
- Fully stocked complimentary drinks fridge